Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Benefits of Joining
New Member Signup
Training with OTC
Learn About OTC
Code of Conduct
Saturday Group Ride
- Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event. If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Return to Grid View
Saturday Group Ride
Saturday, July 20, 2019, 8:45 AM until 1:00 PM
Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station
5801 Owens Dr
Pleadanton, CA 94588
Registration is not Required
Payment In Advance Only
Add to my Calendar
What is this?
This Saturday's ride brought to you by Easy Hills & Bloody Mary Brunch LLC. This is self-paced/no-sweep, so please you are responsible to load the route on your favorite device or paper and join. We'll check out some valley favorites, great scenery, and finish for brunch before it gets to hot.
This is also a point-to-point ride, and I suggest parking at Lake Merritt or W. Oakland BART to start. The ride will leave from the Dublin Pleasanton BART station and finish in downtown Lafayette at one of their amazing brunch places right by their BART station.
The ride as planned is just under 35 miles with 971 total elevation gain:
- Catch either the 7:58 or 8:18 BART at Lake Merritt Station for arrival in Pleasanton at 8:31 or 8:51 respectively. Plan to roll at 9:00 AM.
- We will get a leisurely 7 mile warm-up through Pleasanton and then do the gorgeous (not challenging) climb Collier Canyon and back down Tassajara. We'll cross through Downtown Dublin before picking up Dublin Blvd for some flat-and-fast before heading into Downtown Lafayette.
- If we need a break, Downtown Danville is a lovely stop but we aren't planning on it.
- We'll finish (hopefully) around 11:30 for brunch at Batch and Brine
re I will likely reward myself with a Bloody Mary.
- BART back to your car or straight home, if you are carless like me.
Lots of options to personalize this ride:
- Want to start later and go flat? Plan an out & back from Lafayette and catch us in Downtown Danville - that will give you about 20 miles. If you are an iPhone or Garmin user, I can share my location with you so you can do the tracking.
- Want to finish back in Pleasanton? Pick your turn-back point.
- Need more miles or hills? Many options
--> Head towards Mt. Diablo and start that ascent.
--> Head from Lafayette and keep going on Happy Valley to Bear Creek
--> Pick up Moraga Road, to Rheem and come back via Canyon to Oakland via Pinehurst or Redwood Rd. (my personal fave!)
You can view the ride here with Garmin
d load directly to your Garmin) or here for Ride with GPS
Please email me
or text 510-541-6126 and let me know your plan! Hope to see a fun crowd. I'll have to find something to replace my OTC bike jersey since the dog ate my last one... Sigh.